These charges have been put in place to offset the cost and time needed to address each issue listed below on behalf of the tenant.
- Failing to Transfer or Connect Utilities Fee – $75 Fee charged when tenant fails to connect utilities in tenant’s name after taking possession of the property. In addition, tenant will be charged prorated utilities charges.
- Additional Copies of Lease – $5.00 Fee charged for each copy of lease
- Notarized Letters – $10.00 Fee charged For National Grid Notarization letters
- Unit Transfer – $250.00 Fee charged to transfer to a new unit
- Missed Appointment / Trip Charges / Denied Access– Tenant may be charged a $25 fee if they miss an appointment with a scheduled repair vendor causing the vendor to need to make another trip. Tenant will also be responsible for any trip charge fee charged by the vendor. This fee shall also apply if a vendor comes to repair an item at the property and is denied access.
- Accidental Lockouts– Being locked out of the Property is the sole responsibility of the Tenant(s) and is not considered an emergency. Tenant shall, at own expense, contact a locksmith to address a lockout. In the event Tenant is locked out during management office hours, Landlord may (if available) open Property. Tenant will be charged a $25.00 fee for this service. Alternatively, Tenant may borrow a key from management office during regular office hours to gain access to the Property and/or to make a copy of the key. In no case shall the Landlord be held responsible for the working order of any key or lock that may have been altered without their knowledge or consent.
- Replacement Key– if a key is lost or damaged, a replacement key may be obtained from the Landlord at the cost of $35/key.
- Unpaid Rent – $25.00 late fee charge per week after the fifth of each month, with a maximum charge of $75.00
- Rent Pickup – $5.00 charge for rent pickup