ALL TENANTS MUST READ & SIGN THIS ADDENDUM
The purpose of this addendum is to convey the terms and conditions regarding pets in a Tempo Properties managed property and must be signed by all tenants when adding a pet.
Pets are not permitted unless this addendum is completed, agreed upon, and signed by both TENANT and LANDLORD. If a pet is acquired after completion of this form, Tempo Properties must be notified in writing and payment of the proper “Deposit” and “Fees” as described below must be made. Permission to keep a pet is a privilege, not a right, and as such, may be revoked at any time at the sole discretion of management.
PET DEPOSIT is in addition to SECURITY DEPOSIT described in your lease. TENANT, upon paying LANDLORD said PET DEPOSIT, is permitted to have the above listed pets in the LEASED PROPERTY. LANDLORD is authorized to retain TENANT’S entire PET DEPOSIT and SECURITY DEPOSIT or a portion thereof, as reimbursement for fumigation, extermination, or any other costs incurred because of pet in LEASED PROPERTY. This is without prejudice to any other remedies which LANDLORD may have.
TENANT agrees to read and comply with the PET RULES listed on this agreement. TENANT understands that any complaint or notice received regarding the pet(s) is considered a violation of the LEASE and may result in immediate removal of the pet(s) and/or LEASE termination; whichever LANDLORD deems necessary. Tenant also understands that no pets are permitted to visit or temporarily be boarded in the LEASE PROPERTY; doing so would also be considered a LEASE violation and subject to immediate removal of pet and/or LEASE termination.
The following rules, restrictions, and obligations apply to all TENANTS. By affixing your signature on this agreement, TENANT acknowledges that you have read, understand, and agree to the following:
- TENANTS WHO OWN PETS ARE REQUIRED TO GET RENTERS INSURANCE WITH PET COVERAGE
- If management finds any unauthorized pets in the Leased Property, the tenant will be fined $5.00 a day until tenant completes the necessary documents and pays the fees due.
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING BREEDS:
- PIT BULLS
- GERMAN SHEPHERDS
- BULL MASTIFFS
- No loud or noisy animals including excessive barking, jumping, scratching, whining, or any other sound
- No vicious or dangerous animals are permitted. TENANT must always be able to maintain control over the pet
- Pet shall ALWAYS be RESTRAINED when not in apartment. Unsupervised and/or unrestrained animals in any common area are strictly prohibited
- Pet shall be properly maintained, licensed, and inoculated as required by local, county, or state statute, ordinance, or health code
- Pet shall always display owner identification and current inoculation tags
- Any odor resulting from any pet is considered a nuisance and is strictly prohibited
- TENANT assumes all responsibility and is strictly liable for any and all amount of any injury to any person or property as a result of the pet or its actions and TENANT shall indemnify LANDLORD for all costs of litigation and attorney’s fees resulting from the same
- All food and water bowls must be placed on a protective/plastic floor covering
- All litter boxes must be placed on a protective/plastic floor covering and maintained in a proper and sanitary condition
- Used litter will be double bagged and disposed of in the nearest outdoor trash receptacle and NOT disposed of down the toilet regardless of product’s claim of “flushability”
- No pet is permitted to urinate or defecate on any unprotected floor
- TENANT agrees to clean up after dog(s) immediately and properly dispose of all waste into nearest outdoor trash receptacle
- TENANT may not abandon the pet or leave it for an extended period of time
- No “visiting” or temporary boarding of pets
- No pet will be permitted to disturb the health, safety, rights, comfort, quiet or peaceful enjoyment of other tenants
- TENANT agrees to notify Tempo Properties of any violation by another TENANT or his/her pet
- TENANT understands that this list is subject to change as deemed necessary by the LANDLO